Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Writing Period 4 Results

To the Gentlemen of the Erotic Word,

Well done to everyone who submitted a story this period! I enjoyed reading all seven of the fabulous stories that were written. I was also very pleased that so many of you decided to tackle the Challenge. The stories are getting better with each writing period.

To the two crusty vaginas who didn't write a story this writing period, I expected more from you...I hope you feel guilty.

Now onto the results. I have no idea who wrote each story so I'm just going to list the titles. I leave it up to the Commish to match the stories with their authors.



THIRD PLACE is awarded to "Penishead". I never thought that I could be sympathetic to a rapist and murderer after watching Charlize Theron in "Monster", but this story pulls it off. Owen is clearly the product of a harsh landscape, a motherless childhood, and a hateful father. Perhaps in another time, he would have been a veterinarian but this clearly was not in the cards. I also realy like that the predator, Owen, became the hopeful prey of Tasha, and that their true love emerged from their predatory nature. The Bonnie and Clyde of the future. Nice work.



SECOND PLACE is awarded to Armageddon II: The Cummageddon. I really enjoyed the slow, thoughtful pace of this story. It asked the question: What would happen to the world in the case of an impending Armageddon? While Bruce Willis is up on that asteroid trying to save all of mankind, what do the other 4 billion people do to bide their time? Some must get their freak on. It's not clear whether the protagonist was a prostitute before the news of the coming apocalypse or whether she became promiscuous after the fact, because hey what the fuck, why stand by manners when we're all going to die right? And it did seem to make her forget, even for a moment, her imending death. I'm glad the author left this ambiguous and up to the reader's imagination.

I thought the last lines were especially powerful:
"It felt like a giant oak was growing in me and forcing me into two pieces. I thought the rock would never make it to me, that I’d already be lying on the ground, my left side next to my right side, waiting for the rock to burn up all the other trees and pebbles. When I felt him shudder, I just kept my face flat on the car hood and we stood there frozen, my chest against cool hard metal, his dick welded to my ass, deep inside.


And finally...

FIRST PLACE is awarded to UGH!! This was a fantastic story from beginning to end. It was a great homage to the classic Planet of the Apes, in the sense that this seems like the past but it's really the future and in a place you're very familiar with but never imagined. Great rendering of the Challenge to provide multiple perspectives. Also I really appreciated the back story surrounding the Forbidden Mountains. The author really took the time to creat a mythology for these futuristic amazonian women and it paid off with a richer and more believable narrative. Not to mention the Amazon woman orgasming as the nuclear bomb erupted. Does this symbolize how the selfish nature of woman leads to pain and destruction or is it just a great way to end the story? Does the author want us to believe that selfishness destroyed the city the first time, and that the cycle of destruction will never end? Maybe. Maybe not. Something to think about, and because the author made us do that (as well as want to cum all inside She-la) FIRST PLACE.

-Mr. Wonderful

StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter